We offer a variety of appointments
- You can book appointments up to 5 weeks in advance to see either a doctor or a nurse.
- You can book a telephone consultation appointment with the doctor of your choice.
- You can request same day telephone advice from the duty team (nurse and doctors), or a same day appointment with the duty team (nurse and doctors)
- You can make an appointment to see a doctor or nurse on Saturday mornings
- You can be seen in the evening on alternate Mondays and Thursdays by either a doctor or a nurse
Routine Appointments - 01489 786201
Appointments may be made in person or by telephoning the Medical Centre during opening hours. We offer routine appointments at 10 minute intervals. If you cannot keep your appointment, please tell us as soon as possible, so that it can be offered to someone else. Please keep your appointment time. If you arrive late it causes inconvenience to other patients and the staff.
If you make an appointment for one person, please do not ask the Doctor to see more than one, even if the symptoms are identical.
Same Day Appointments Requests
If you wish to be seen on the day and are over 18, you will be asked to complete an Econsult (see Econsult).
If you are under 18 (or for people that don't have internet access), please ring from 08:30 and request telephone advice or a face to face consultation with the duty team (nurse and doctors). These are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Once these appointments are fully booked you will need to call back another day. If your request is clinically urgent, you will be triaged (assessed) on the telephone by the duty team and asked to come down if necessary.
You can also book appointments online via the link at the top of this page. You can get a form to sign up by coming into the practice and picking one up.
Click HERE to see how we book your appointments with our new booking appointments case study video.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
If you would like to receive quick, professional advice for your problem, but do not necessarily feel that your problem is urgent, you may wish to consider using our Econsult service. Click here to find out more. We aim to respond before the end of the next working day.
How to Get the Most From Your GP
How to get the most from your GP