This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Do you want to quit smoking? The NHS is here to help. You can find lots of handy information and resources at, including support networks and the different options available to you.

If you're ready to make the switch, Quit4Life are offering a £25 vape voucher when you sign up to their free stop smoking service.

Weight Loss

NHS England, Public Health England, and Hampshire County Council are working together to protect the health of the local population. As you will have heard reported on the news, obesity is on the increase and one of the major aims of all parties is to reduce this and help our patients live a longer, healthier lifestyle.

Hampshire County Council have teamed up with WW (formerly Weight Watchers) to offer eligible patients 12 weeks of the WW plan for free. This offer is applicable to anyone whose BMI is 30 or over, and you can self refer or speak to us at the surgery who can raise a form for you.

More information is available at

Get out, Get Fit

The NHS advise all adults aged 19-64 to try being more active daily, and do at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise each week, such as cycling or brisk walking. It is also advised that, on two days each week, an exercise should be chosen that works all the major muscles (legs, hips, back abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms).

West Hampshire Clinical commissioning Group have set up a 'Get Hampshire Walking' scheme, which aims to promote the benefits to health of making small changes in your everyday life. Get off the bus 2 stops before yours and walk, or park the car farther away than normal. More information can be found at, or for your local walking for health group, head to


Another way to get out and get fit is by joining the local Park Run group. This group meets at Royal Victoria Country Park each Saturday at 09.00. You can run at your own pace among like-minded people.

Find out more information about Park Run at

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website